20A, Adwaita Mallick lane, Kolkata-700 006
Ref: AIBDPA/CIRCULAR/1 Date: 25.09.10
All Circle office bearers
All District Secretaries
Sub: Salient points of the Circle Executive meetings held on 24.09.10 and ensuing programmes
Before the proceedings started, the house paid homage to the departed leaders Com. Prasun Nandi CGCC, Com Chhabi Sengupta CTD, Com. Md. Toha and Com Sunil Ghosh Telecom Factory along with others who were killed by so-called Maoists and terrorists.
The meeting was
held at CTO Kolkata union office room and presided over by com Dipak Mitra. Com
Susanta Ghosh, Circle Secretary and Vice President CHQ, apprised the house in
regard to the contents of the discussion held at CHQ office bearer meeting on
1. The CHQ office bearer meeting inaugurated by Com VAN Namboodiri.
2. The CHQ BSNLEU has donated Rs.50,000/- to AIBDPA CHQ
3. BSNLEU GS P Abhimanyu delivered speech expressing its responsibility towards AIBDPA.
4. Meanwhile no. of Circle Associations has been formed but many are yet to come. The respective Circle unions of BSNLEU will have to take initiative to form the Circle Associations of AIBDPA
5. AIBDPA publishes its organ ‘Tele Pensioners’ inaugurated by Com P Abhimanyu and com AK Bhattacherjee President AIBDPA inaugurated the website (www.aibdpa.net)
6. As per latest information the total membership all over the country is just below 10,000
7. Some small pensioners’ associations are prevailing here and there formed by the BSNL Pensioners. A few of them have taken affiliation of AIBDPA. Rests have been approached to get affiliated.
8. Some programmes were held along with discussion with the appropriate authorities to achieve the 25 points charter of demands adopted in the all India convention (available in the 1st issue of Tele Pensioner) held to form the AIBDPA at New Delhi on 21st October 2009.
9. Some of the demands have been realized as assured by CMD BSNL such as the pensioners may avail the quarters on govt. standard rental basis, BSNLMRS will be applicable for the family pensioner, Broadband connection on concessional rate as enjoyed by the working employees, the DR will be added to the last basic pay to calculate the BSNLMRS allowance without voucher and to calculate the limit for them who opt for with voucher.
10. But these are scanty in comparison to the magnitude of the said demands. So we will have to go further and to resort to programmes of agitation and to take the other organisations into confidence with a view to achieving the rest of the demands particularly the pension revision for pre 2007 retirees. For that reason the AIBDPA CHQ has decided to resort to agitational programmes.
12. It is reported that the pensioners have participated in different programmes held to make the 7th September strike successful in various parts of the country.
13. As reports received, the Siliguri and Jalpaiguri Districts Branch have been able to draw the attention of the local authority through negotiation and threat to resort to the agitational programmes if not settled within a stipulated time in respect of the pending issues of the pensioners.
Circle association met on 24. 09.10 discussed all important issues in depth and observed that only seven District committees have been formed till date and BSNLEU will be approached for taking initiative to form the left out District committees of AIBDPA. Circle association meeting also observed a considerable number of issues remained unsettled in respect of pensioners and hence decided to resort to programmes and called “ CGM OFFICE CHALO” on 5th October 2010 at 1 p.m, the programme pertains rally of the pensioners at the CGMT West Bengal Circle office and submission of memorandum to the Chief General Manager, WB Circle in order to invite the attention of the appropriate authority for early settlement. BSNLEU and BSNLCMU will be approached to extend active support to us to make the programme success. District committees are requested to exert utmost effort to ensure maximum participation of the pensioners.
with warm greetings
Circle Secretary, BSNLEU,
Circle Secretary, BSNLCMU,
3) All District Secretaries, BSNLEU
4) All District Secretaries, BSNLCMU
20A, Adwaita Mallick lane, Kolkata-700 006
Ref: AIBDPA/5 Date: 25.09.10
The Circle Secretaries
Sub: programmes at the call of CHQ
is to bring to your kind notice that CHQ and
While we invite you to be present in the programmes, we solicit you to instruct your District Secretaries to be keenly associated with their counterparts of AIBDPA to ensure participation enmasse to make the programme a success.
With warm greetings