FORUM OF BSNL UNIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Comrades & Friends,
Today at 3 P.M. a meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions and Associations, West Bengal held at CTO Union Office, Kolkata, where the leaders of BSNLEU, NFTE-BSNL, AIBSNLEA & SNEA were present.. Comrade Tapas Ghosh (SNEA) presided over the meeting. Comrade Animesh Mitra, Comnvenor of this forum has narrated in detail about the ensuing programme regarding issuance of order i.r.o 78.2% IDA Merger by the BSNL management/ DOT. He said that BRPSE has already conveyed that they have not received any proposal from DOT in this regard. Com Mitra proposed that the employees are to be alerted regarding the intention of the Group of Minister’s (headed by Mr. P. Chidambaram) proposal to make BSNL financially viable. In this meeting Com. Chitra Bose & Samir Banerjee (NFT-BSNL), Com Bijoy Bhattacharya & A. Patra (AIBSNLEA), Com S. Ayon & Tapas Ghosh (SNEA) and Com Asis Das (BSNLEU) deliberated their views. During the meeting the Circle Secretary of FNTO Sri Narayan Saha assured the house that all necessary measures will be taken to make the ensuing programme successful.
It was also decided that to make the programme successful similar meetings of Forums at the District level should also be organized. The leaders have also criticized the reluctance of the BSNL Authority in WB Circle and requested the leaders in the District to organize programme against the present attitude of the Authority.
The following decisions were taken after threadbare discussion -
1) Joint demonstration programme to be held on 22nd May, 2013 at the Branch level.
2) Massive Dharna Demonstrations are to be organized at all SSA/District level on 5th June, 2013.
3) Posters will be published by the Forum in this issue.
4) Leaflet will also be published in this regard.
5) District Leaders are requested to organise joint convention at the District Level where the leaders of the Forum will be present if necessary. Efforts will be taken to include other organizations in this programme.
6) A State level Convention may be held in discussion with the Circle Leaders within 05 to 11th June, 2013 at Kolkata.
7) All the programmes will be held under the banner of “Forum”
Dated at Kolkata